Company: Consumer Direct Care Network MT- Home Health & Hospice
Position: Occupational Therapist
Schedule: On-call, Per Diem
Location: Missoula, MT
Consumer Direct Care Network MT- Home Health & Hospice is currently seeking an Occupational Therapist to join our amazing home heath team. The goal of the Occupational Therapist is to provide services in the home to assess the needs of the client typically recovering from a surgery or a recent disease exacerbation. In this important role you could see up to a handful of clients at a given time and you will assist in improving the quality of life by helping the client recover and regain their independence through the development of treatment programs tailored to the individual needs for that client so they may enjoy their quality of life by remaining in their own home and community.
In the Consumer Direct Care Network our employees are committed, dependable, professional and accountable. We value integrity, honesty and respect for others. We have high standards for how our employees conduct themselves at work and in the communities we support. Come join our team and be a part of a rewarding career helping others!
- Evaluates the clients functional status (muscle function, endurance, visual coordination, written and verbal communication skills, self-care ability, work capacity, etc.). Evaluates home environment for hazards or barriers to more independent living. Identifies equipment needs. Participates in the development of the total plan of care.
- Develops home health occupational treatment program and establishes goals for improved function. Communicates plan of care effective to interdisciplinary team members.
- May teach new skills or retrain patient in once familiar daily activities that have been lost due to illness or injury, in accordance with Organization policy.
- May fabricate splints and instruct patient in the use of various types of adaptive equipment to improve function.
- May train patient in the use of prosthetic and/or orthotic devices.
- Maintains appropriate clinical records, clinical notes, and reports to the physician and Clinical Supervisor any changes in the patient’s condition.
- Maintains contact/communication with other personnel involved in the patient’s care to promote coordinated, efficient care.
- Attends and contributes to in-services, case conferences, and other meetings as required.
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home health services and refers as appropriate
- Delegate/Communicate plan of care to Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants (COTA) as needed
- Follow-up with COTAs as needed regarding plan of care
- Graduate of an Occupational Therapy curriculum accredited jointly by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association and the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Registered with the National Registration Examination of the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Two years of clinical experience as an Occupational Therapist.
- Possess and maintains current CPR Certification.
- Licensed driver with automobile that is in good working order and insured in accordance with the organization requirements.